- 2 full-sized east-indian mangoes (or your favourite kind), peeled, pitted and cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 lb. cucumbers
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps. HoneyKist® Habenero-flavoured honey
- 1 tbsp. smoked black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- Peel cucumber in alternating stripes lengthwise. Cut in half lengthwise and slice into ¼ pieces.
- In a salad bowl combine cucumbers and mango.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey and red wine vinegar to form a light vinaigrette. Drizzle over mango and cucumbers.
- Top with almond slices and sesame seeds.
This medley of bold Caribbean flavours and contrasting textures will surely leave your tastebuds in awe. Sun-ripened, naturally sweet east indian mangoes paired with refreshing, half moons of crisp cucumber slices drizzled with a light vinaigrette of tangy red wine vinegar and sweet and spicy habanero-infused honey really wakes up the tongue. For even more flavour and texture contrasts, this salad is finished to perfection with crunchy almond slices and smoked black sesame seeds. A-MAZE-BALLS!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.