Following the success of the recipe in my previous post, I was determined to find yet another that starred my beloved gorgonzola cheese. Between my ADHD and uncanny ability to wake up just in the nick of time, I am always looking for quick recipes that don’t sacrifice taste and quality. And I didn’t have to search far.
For my version of this time-tested recipe, I used whole wheat bread, gorgonzola cheese crumbled straight from the block, and HoneyKist’s Blue Mountain Coffee Honey. (see my previous post on this line of gourmet flavoured honey here)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut in half diagonally
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, sliced/crumbled
- 2 tablespoons HoneyKist’s Blue Mountain Coffee Flavoured Honey
- Brush bread slices with olive oil.
- Toast in a toaster oven for 6-8 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp.
- Remove bread and top with gorgonzola slices/crumbles, return to toaster oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the toasts with honey. Enjoy immediately
This was supposed to be two servings but I couldn’t stop myself. If you’re a lover of sharp cheeses then you’ll definitely fall for this recipe. The first bite instantly awakens your tastebuds to the pungency and saltiness of the gorgonzola, then just as immediately comes the flowery sweetness of the honey. Oh wait, what’s that?? That, my friend, would be subtle, almost unidentifiable notes of coffee. Just, wow.
Go try it. Thank me later.