Looking for a delicious and super nutritious dish that’s easy to prepare and won’t leave you feeling hungry? My kale and garbanzo salad with portabellini mushrooms and grape tomatoes will surely please the palate and satisfy the stomach.
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 large portabellini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 8-10 grape tomatoes
- 4-5 cups kale (chopped fresh)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, dices
- ½ cup chopped basil leaves
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Olive oil to saute
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté onion & garlic in olive oil over medium heat for five minutes or until onions soften.
- Add kale, mushrooms, and garbanzo beans along with paprika, salt and pepper, and sauté for an additional five minutes.
- Add grape tomatoes, white wine and lemon juice and deglaze the pan, allowing ingredients to simmer and liquid to be fully absorbed.
- Scatter chopped basil leaves, lemon zest, and adjust salt & pepper if necessary.
- Enjoy warm.
The creamy protein and fibre rich garbanzo beans work well with hearty, meat-like chunks of portabellini mushrooms to provide a satisfying bite. Add a few leaves of the world’s most nutrient-dense food on earth (read more about this here) with a few grape tomatoes for colour and taste and you’ve got a killer combo. The finishing touch of lemon juice and zest brightens the dish, increasing the intensity of flavours, and add a necessary tang to round out all the goodness colliding in this one salad. Your body and taste buds will thank you for it.